Complementary medicine programs are therapeutic treatments that enhance a patient’s recovery or assist in the management of side effects. These programs may include, but are not limited to massage therapy, reiki, acupuncture, music therapy, exercise/yoga/dance, and art therapy.
Complementary Medicine Programs
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options for an acupuncture program in Ulster County firstname.lastname@example.org – More Information
- A Miles of Hope funded program to provide yoga classes for people in treatment and survivors in Westchester County email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Gilda’s Club of Westchester to fund 2 breast cancer networking groups for young survivors MLang@gildasclubwestchester.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Sharsheret of Rockland to educate and support ultra-orthodox Jewish women
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Sparrow’s Nest of the Hudson Valley (Dutchess County) to provide meals to families affected by breast cancer
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Vassar Brothers Medical Center to help purchase a breast Tomosynthesis machine: Click Here For More Information
- A Miles of Hope funded program at Northern Westchester Hospital for a Breast Health Initiative for Underserved Women to receive free, accessible, comprehensive and timely breast health services from education, screening, risk assessment and intervention to diagnosis, state-of-the-art treatment and follow-up. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Cancer Support Team of Mamaroneck (Westchester County) to enhance the delivery of home based services for breast cancer patients including massage, reflexology, nutrition counseling, yoga, therapeutic touch, reiki, and wigs for treatment-related hair loss. Click Here For More Information
- A Miles of Hope funded program to the Women’s Health Faith and Wellness Ministry for materials for informational programs to educate minority populations: email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Columbia Memorial Health for breast cancer support and wellness services firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Support Connection for a yoga program for breast cancer survivors SEE BROCHURE. email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options to send children of breast cancer survivors to Camp Lightheart firstname.lastname@example.org
- A grant to Breast Cancer Options for a Massage Therapy Program
- A grant to Support Connection for the Peer to Peer Program
- A grant to the YWCA of White Plains/Central Westchester to support Encore Plus, YWCA’s breast cancer education and support program to reach underserved minority women in Westchester.
Support Group and Wellness Programs
Click on a link to locate support groups and wellness programs that offer services to people affected by breast cancer in the Hudson Valley.
Oncology Support Programs at Health Alliance Hospitals, Kingston: www.hahv.org/oncology-support-program
Would You Like to Offer A Complementary Medicine Program?
Apply for a grant to financially support your program. Click for details. https://milesofhope.org/grants/grant-guidelines/
If you are a cancer patient and a resident of Greene or Columbia Counties and need financial assistance, please see this link.
People who care for a loved one often benefit from talking with others who have been in their shoes. The below links can help connect you to support services, including toll-free hot lines, one-on-one mentoring, and online chat rooms and support groups.
Support Connection offers a wide range of educational and wellness programs for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer.Young Survival Coalition
Young Survival Coalition
Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is a global organization offering resources, connections and outreach to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
NYS Dept of Health
New York State Department of Health provides a Cancer Services Program to connect clients to free breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services in their community.
Breast Cancer Resources | Download Fact Sheet on Medicaid Program | Download CSP flyer | Community Resources by County | Community-based resources.
NYS Breast Cancer Support & Info Network
NYS Breast Cancer Support and Info Network is a statewide network of free-standing, survivor-driven, community based, breast cancer organizations. Their website includes a wealth of information on breast cancer resources in New York State.