How We Can Help
Funded Complementary Medicine Programs
- A Miles of Hope-funded program for massage therapy while in treatment. Click here for more information.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options for an acupuncture program in Ulster County. Click here for more information.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to provide yoga classes for people in treatment and survivors in Westchester County Click here for more information 800-532-4290 or 914-962-6402.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to VBMC Breast Center to provide transportation to and from treatment. Contact Amanda at Amanda.Miller1@nuvancehealth.org or 845-214-1838.
- A Miles of Hope funded program at Northern Westchester Hospital for a Breast Health Initiative for Underserved Women to receive free, accessible, comprehensive and timely breast health services from education, screening, risk assessment and intervention to diagnosis, state-of-the-art treatment and follow-up. For more info: email@example.com.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Cancer Support Team of Mamaroneck (Westchester County) to enhance the delivery of home based services for breast cancer patients including massage, reflexology, nutrition counseling, yoga, therapeutic touch, reiki, and wigs for treatment-related hair loss. Click here for more information.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to the Women’s Health Faith and Wellness Ministry for materials for informational programs to educate minority populations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Columbia Memorial Health for breast cancer support and wellness services email@example.com. Click here for more information.
- A grant to Breast Cancer Options to fund Camp Lightheart, a free sleep-away camp for children of breast cancer survivors or children who have lost their mother to the disease. Age 8-15, Click here for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A grant to Support Connection for the Peer to Peer Program.
- A grant to the YWCA of White Plains/Central Westchester to support Encore Plus, YWCA’s breast cancer education and support program to reach underserved minority women in Westchester.
Support Group and Wellness Programs
Click on a link to locate support groups and wellness programs that offer services to people affected by breast cancer in the Hudson Valley. If you are a cancer patient and a resident of Greene or Columbia Counties and need financial assistance, please see this link.
Oncology Support Programs at Health Alliance Hospitals, Kingston: Click here for more information
- Breast Cancer Financial Support Organizations
- Financial Assistance for prescriptive drugs
- The Pink Fund
- Susan G. Komen
- Breast Cancer Assistance Fund
- The Assistance Fund
- Help with your Central Hudson bills
- Prescription Assistance Programs
- Post Surgery Clothing
- The Donna Foundation
- Driving Miss Darby
- United Breast Cancer Foundation
- Sister’s Network
- Breast Cancer Assistance Fund
- Finding and Paying for Treatment – 800-227-2345
- Organizations Offering Cancer Support Services – 800-422-6237
- Virtual Reimbursement Resource Room and App – 215-690-0300
- Breast Cancer Tumor
Support for Caregivers
People who care for a loved one often benefit from talking with others who have been in their shoes. The below links can help connect you to support services, including toll-free hot lines, one-on-one mentoring, and online chat rooms and support groups.
Support Connection offers a wide range of educational and wellness programs for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer.
Young Survival Coalition
Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is a global organization offering resources, connections and outreach to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
NYS Dept of Health
New York State Department of Health provides a Cancer Services Program to connect clients to free breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services in their community.
Breast Cancer Resources | Download Fact Sheet on Medicaid Program | Download CSP flyer | Community Resources by County | Community-based resources.
A Miles of Hope-funded program for massage therapy while in treatment. A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options for an acupuncture program in Ulster County. A Miles of Hope funded program to provide yoga classes for people in treatment and survivors in Westchester County.
Cómo Obtener Una Infografía De Mamografía Las Pruebas De Detección De Cáncer Salvan Vidas Pautas Para La Detección Del Cáncer De Mama Ayuda Para Pacientes, Sobrevivientes Y Cuidadores
It’s important to be screened for breast cancer. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in New York. It is also the second leading cause of cancer-related death in New York women. Early detection is the key to survival.