Complementary Medicine Programs
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options for an acupuncture program in Ulster County email@example.com – More Information
- A Miles of Hope funded program to provide yoga classes for people in treatment and survivors in Westchester County firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Gilda’s Club of Westchester to fund 2 breast cancer networking groups for young survivors MLang@gildasclubwestchester.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Sharsheret of Rockland to educate and support ultra-orthodox Jewish women
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Sparrow’s Nest of the Hudson Valley (Dutchess) to provide meals to families affected by breast cancer
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Vassar Brothers Medical Center to help purchase a breast Tomosynthesis machine: ebourne1@Health-quest.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program at Northern Westchester Hospital for a Breast Health Initiative for Underserved Women to receive free, accessible, comprehensive and timely breast health services from education, screening, risk assessment and intervention to diagnosis, state-of-the-art treatment and follow-up. For more info: email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Cancer Support Team of Mamaroneck (Westchester) to enhance the delivery of home based services for breast cancer patients including massage, reflexology, nutrition counseling, yoga, therapeutic touch, reiki, and wigs for treatment-related hair loss. firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Miles of Hope funded program to the Women’s Health Faith and Wellness Ministry for materials for informational programs to educate minority populations: email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Columbia Memorial Health for breast cancer support and wellness services firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Support Connection for a yoga program for breast cancer survivors SEE BROCHURE. email@example.com
- A Miles of Hope funded program to Breast Cancer Options to send children of breast cancer survivors to Camp Lightheart firstname.lastname@example.org
- A grant to Breast Cancer Options for a Massage Therapy Program
- A grant to Support Connection for the Peer to Peer Program
- A grant to the YWCA of White Plains/Central Westchester to support Encore Plus, YWCA’s breast cancer education and support program to reach underserved minority women in Westchester.
Support Group and Wellness Programs
Click on a link to locate support groups and wellness programs that offer services to people affected by breast cancer in the Hudson Valley. If you are a cancer patient and a resident of Greene or Columbia Counties and need financial assistance, please see this link.
Download full list
Support for Caregivers
People who care for a loved one often benefit from talking with others who have been in their shoes. This list of organizations can help connect you to toll-free hot lines, one-on-one mentoring, and online chat rooms and support groups.
The Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program offers a support hotline, counseling, support groups and other services for people in New York State with and/or concerned about breast cancer.
NYS Dept of Health
New York State Department of Health provides a Cancer Services Program to connect clients to free breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services in their community. Click to visit their website | Breast Cancer Resources | Download Fact Sheet on Medicaid Program | Download CSP flyer.
CancerCare CancerCare® provides free professional counseling, support groups, educational workshops, and other support for people with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and the bereaved. Download Flyer
NYS Breast Cancer Support & Info Network
The New York State Breast Cancer Support & Education Network is a statewide network of free-standing, survivor-driven, community based, breast cancer organizations. Their website includes a wealth of information on breast cancer resources in New York State.