Purpose: To assist graduating high school students whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. Students must reside within one of the eight New York State counties covered by the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation: Columbia, Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Greene.
Award: Eight (8) scholarships of $1,000 each.
Scholarship Criteria: Lives must have been affected by breast cancer.
Deadline: The deadline for the scholarships is April 1 each year.
- Reside within one of the eight New York State counties mentioned above.
- Be a high school student who will graduate by June in the year the scholarship is given.
- Must plan to attend an accredited college or trade school.
Materials to Include with Application
- Copy of high school transcript & SAT scores
- Brief essay describing how their lives have been changed by breast cancer
- Letters of recommendation
- Completed Financial Aid Form
- Parent or guardian tax return
- Completed application form
To apply for a scholarship:
For information on scholarships to the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies for people in treatment for breast cancer please go to this site: www.eomega.org